Wednesday, May 18, 2011

the number twelve

Twelve. 
One dozen.
Six times two.
The square root of 144.

It's a number featured in a Christmas carole.  The number that precedes the stigmatized 'unlucky' number 13.  It's the number of months in a year.  And perhaps most importantly, it happens to be the number of days left in what seems to be to me the LONGEST.MONTH.EVER!!!!  It just so happens to be, at the time of writing this post, the number of days left of my 30 day no meat challenge. 

I'm more than halfway through and let me tell you, the last 8 days have been hard.  I was doing well up until day 10...until I realized that I still had 20 more to go.  Add to that the fact that there was one perfect grilling weekend and a Mother's Day feast thrown in there.  And I've been watching a lot of Food Network.  And I just watched an episode of Throwdown with Bobby Flay where it was a fried chicken throwdown.  Hubster might just come home tonight to see me rocking and shaking in a corner.  Ok, maybe not really....

12 more days.  I can totally do it!  The question is...what should my first meal be when it's over?

{ cindie }

0 comments:

Post a Comment