Wednesday, May 25, 2011

a failure of epic proportions

...or let's just call it Wednesday, May 25th.

And no, I did not within 6 days of my end goal fail to fulfill my no meat challenge diet.

But for some insane reason, I thought that I would for half of the last days of my month-long meatless diet also partake in a 3 day juice detox.  You know...to really clean my system...and cuz I'm just crazy.

So determined was I while I was researching juice detox recipes.

Ambition and glee were in my eyes when I purchased my juicer on sale and with a 20% off coupon.

Furrowed was my brow at the supermarket as I perused the produce section to pick only the best fruits and veggies for my juices.

And then I began to make juice.  Glorious juice.  I was so excited I hopped on gmail chat and sent Hubster a message that contained one word and one word only...JUICE!!! :D

I made three different yummy juices, one for breakfast, one for lunch and one as a snack.  As I lay in bed last night, I worried about how hungry I would be in the morning...but alas I woke and was excited for my juice, so off to work I went with my three bottles of juice in hand.  And I had a good feeling about the day.

Breakfast juice was good..Grapefruit & lime with mint.  Mmmm....hit the spot.  I was still excited about my juice diet and convinced that I could do it.  Went out for an appointment then came back for my lunch juice (watermelon-apple-lemon & lime)...mmm good and refreshing.  An hour or two goes by and then....oh, and then...

I'm EFFING HUNGRY!!! I don't want juice! I want food!  I want...a BURGER!

....but a burger I did not have.  I'm sticking to that one folks.

So I then talked to a friend who I refer to as Twinnie and she said 'Why don't you supplement your juice diet with a raw food diet?'  Genius!

So off I went researching raw food diet recipes with a new sense of determination.  I have rolled oats! I have raw almonds! Yeah!  This is such a great idea!

Yup, I went online looking for recipes.  For food.  To eat, not drink.  When I'm already hungry.

Suffice it to say, about 10 minutes later I had a bag of popcorn and 3 teaspoons of peanut butter because that's what I have at my desk.  Oh...and I still have a bottle of juice.  And I want an effing burger...with bacon.

{ cindie }

0 comments:

Post a Comment