Tuesday, May 17, 2011

running in shoes?

Well damn Blogger...glad you fixed your problems but now I'm missing comments (and when you only have a few you notice!)

Anyhoo...

Remember how excited I seemed to be when we got an elliptical?  And how I was sure it was going to help kick my butt back into gear?  Well I've been using it (not as much as I'd like) and burning calories galore, but I'm not so sure I'm seeing the results.  Since we opened our pool last week (and it is now Seattle rainy and chilly here, go figure) it made me realize that if I want to fit into the many swimmies (yes I call my bikinis swimmies) I own without feeling self conscious about my perceived problem areas I need to kick it up a notch.  So a running I will go.

Those of you who know me in the real world, outside of being in a computer (they're in the computer? - sorry I can't help the Zoolander reference), know that I used to run...a bit.  I've run two 5Ks and had aspirations of running more races.  But then I got married and figured...well hell, Hubster's stuck with me now...commence ass explosion.  But not really...I didn't plan for my butt to grow, it just did.  And that's my fault because I went from hardcore exercising before the wedding, to 'settling in' after and using excuses like, 'I'm tired', or 'well the gym isn't set up in the new house yet'. Well...no more excuses for me.  Now that the weather is nice(r) it's time.  Instead of pushing myself too hard, too fast which will result in burn-out, I'm going the way of the Couch to 5K program.  

Let's hope this gets me back to where I want to be!  Oh and my no-meat diet...I made it to day 14 when I decided that I was going to become a pescatarian for the remainder of the month.  Mmm...spicy tuna here I come! 

{ cindie }

0 comments:

Post a Comment