Friday, April 22, 2011

bang-a-rang!

With Mama Nature teasing us with warmer weather, I get the itch to change things up a bit.  Brighter colored outfits, fun spring-y colored nails, and perhaps a new hair-do.  I recently was watching a you-tube instructional video on eye makeup and developed instant hair envy.  Impulsive monster that I am, I was ready to call up my salon and make an appointment...but then I thought...what if only I think it would look good?  So then I figured...why not ask you, my trusted readers what you think?!  So without further adieu...

Here's a picture of my hair as it is now, after a long day at work


and here's a picture of what I'm thinking of doing...

Drastic right? Lol...

I used bobby pins to make some above the eyebrow grazing bangs.  It probably only looks like I just tucked my hair behind my ears.  Here's a picture of what I was trying to go for...

screen shot of this chick's youtube tutorial

Usually when I get bangs cut they aren't so thick (I moved the part in my hair quite a bit) and are longer, so I'm afraid of going short and reliving the horror days of when my Mom cut my bangs so I looked something like this

oh the horror

I know it's just hair and my hair grows like weeds, but changing one's hair can drastically change your whole look, which is why I'm hesitant.  So I turn to you guys...whatcha think?



or leave me a comment below on what you think I should do instead!

{ cindie }

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do it sister! I love bangs. Not that I wasn't a nervous wreck when I had mine cut (also reliving past bangs nightmares) but it turned out great and they grow quickly, which is good.

Unknown said...

I think you should do it! Only down side is the warmer weather is coming and they might get oily. Just a thought. Mine get really oily because my hair is so fine. But a little teasing and a lot of hair spray always does the trick!!!

Post a Comment